Meeting the Ancestors
Lecture Series & Meditation
Dr. Janet Piedilato
original oil painting by Janet Piedilato
King Arthur: Polar star, warlord, king -
Sunday, April 23, 2017 1:30pm
Arianrhod: Lady of the Silver Wheel -
Friday, June 23, 2017 7:30pm
Nu: Watery Depths of Our Origin -
Friday, July 21, 2017 7:30pm
Healers: Gula, Imhotep, Ascpius -
Friday, August 11, 2017 7:30pm
Grail: Cauldron, Chalice, Holy Vessel -
Sunday, Sept 10, 2017 1:30pm
Merlin: Sorcerer, Shaman, Teacher -
Friday, October 20, 2017 7:30pm
Hathor: Heavenly Sky deity, loving Mother -
Friday, November 3, 2017 7:30pm
$25 per lecture
you may attend all or individually
full payment due upon registration
at The Journey Within
With storytelling and guided imagery,
We shall paint alive our mythic beginnings.
In this mini-series we shall meet our ancestors as we travel to their places deep in the roots of our myths and folklore. These ancestors shall come alive as they awaken from their places in the past, reaching across time and space to demonstrate that they live on in us, in the very fabric of our being. Come and meet them as they introduce themselves through storytelling and guided imagery. Feel them sing to us not only of who they are but of their continuing relationship to each of us as we carry their heritage within us.
Come, hear, and enter into our stories:
1. Arthur: Woven into the fabric of myth and fantasy, so deep are the roots of Arthur, polar star, great warlord, medieval king, Roman soldier. Arthur, the once and future king. Come hear his story, come meet the larger than life being who lives still in the depths waiting to return, to be our savior.
2. Nu: From ancient Egypt and the land of the pharaohs: Enter the great Void, the watery depths of our origin, Nu. Come hear the story of our beginnings…From the watery depths beyond the tangible hear the story of Creation, of infinity.
3. Healers: With creation came the pair of opposites, good, bad, beautiful ugly, health, illness. Thus were born the healing deities to aid the human journey towards relief. From Babylon with Gula, Egypt with Imhotep, Greece with Asclepius, the ancestral lineage of healing deities to aid, to guide, to teach us…come meet the healers. Come and feel their healing.
4. Merlin, born of myth and magic, sorcerer, shaman, teacher of Arthur, adviser, wise sage, Merlin and his faithful companion, Archimedes wandering through the windows of time…
5. Arianrhod: From the ancient Celts comes forward Lady of the Silver Wheel, Great Goddess of the Moon, She who turns the wheel of time. We feel the cycling of her spinning wheel, we sense the winds of change all around us…Come meet the primordial mover of time, Arianrhod.
6. Grail, ancient cauldron of life and death, chalice of the savior, holy vessel, blood line of royalty. Which is it? And how is it present still today in our lives? Come and drink deeply of its mystery.
7. Hathor: Arc of the heavens, Celestial Dome, She beyond name yet of 1000 or more names, from ancient Egypt she rises with her starry body covering our earth, eternally protecting the deceased as well as the manifest. Come meet her, Hathor, the celestial cow.
Each telling is new. For mythic truth defies dogmatic entombment. There is no “only version” for each myth arises and comes forward to a new generation of listeners. Thus our ancestors tell their story from a new point of view. They, like we, learn from the shifting tides of time and change. Together we move forward unfettered by the chains which would bind us to limited views beneath clouds of unknowing…. Beyond and beneath each telling is the wordless form which speaks the most deeply….for it is felt and understood…..that is the truth of it….Come and explore. Enter the realm of the ancestors and share in their gifts. Feel, come and know them for they live not long ago in some dusty library of the past. They live today, here and now, dwelling in the heart of each of us.
Janet Piedilato is a transpersonal psychologist, a complementary health care consultant, and an ordained minister. She is a Guiding Voice for Seven Pillars House of Wisdom. She holds a doctorate in biology from New York University and a doctorate in transpersonal psychology from Saybrook University. She took her herbalist training at David Winston's Center for Herbal Studies and partook in studies on Ayurvedic medicine for health care professionals with the Maharishi Ayurvedic University, Fairfield Iowa. Janet holds the distinction of being the first woman practitioner to present shamanic ritual at the Harvard Divinity School Conference on Reinterpreting Shamanism. In private practice she creates complementary therapies incorporating psycho-spiritual techniques, offering relaxation therapy. Janet is the founder of Immaginal a company that grew from her practice of creating scent memory experiences during relaxation therapy protocols. Janet conducts spiritual services and workshop teachings and group support at her residence and retreat, Temenos, an environmental sanctuary and sacred trust, co-founded with her husband and soul mate, Iggy.
Call or send Registration to: The Journey Within, 25 Carr Street, Pompton Lakes, NJ 07442.
Please include: Meeting the Ancestors, (+title of Lecture), date your attending, your name, address, email address, phone number(s), and payment, including expiration date if you're paying by credit card. Thank you.
printable registration form
To print this form, you must have Adobe Acrobat installed on your PC or Mac.